A big thank you to Mere Woman from No Damn Blog for passing on The Versatile Blogger award to me, Piglet!
Mere Woman is certainly a versatile blogger, inspiring me each week with her Wednesday Word, Friday Photograph and snippets of her take on life in France. I enjoy reading her blog and learning lots of new things at the same time, all whilst feeling comfortable and enjoying the photos.
Thanks to her, I recently discovered that my cats were plotting to kill me so I am now being extra careful. If they don’t get me within the next few weeks (I’m being extra nice to them you in order for them to change their minds) then I will consider that Mere Woman saved me!
Part of the award is to reveal 8 things about myself although apparently I am not obliged, so I will keep my deepest darkest secrets to myself still if you don’t mind! I’ve realized that I’ve been sharing more and more information about myself as time has passed so now’s the time to share some more:
8 things that I’ll reveal:
1. I was British Junior Ice Dance Champion two years running. It was ice dancing that brought me to France to train alongside Gwendal Peizerat and Marina Anissina. when I was 16.
2. My written French is perfectly appalling, but when I see my French friend’s efforts I realize that it’s just normal.
3. I don’t actually know if I like living in France. I certainly prefer it to the UK but I’m afraid that I always think the grass is greener elsewhere. In January 2010 I seriously wanted to move to The Grenadines and had even found a business to buy but eventually decided it was too far away and that it would be better if I could afford to live there just 6 months of the year.
4. I have aspirations to write a book. One day it will happen.
5. I am scared of failure and sometimes to do not have the courage to do things in case I fail.
6. Ants creep me out. The way they march in a parade and manage to transport large objects despite their tiny size scares the hell out of me.
7. I love Jam Wagon Wheels and am gutted that I can’t buy them in France.
8. I hate speaking on the telephone, face to face is fine but over the phone don’t expect to have a very long conversation with me. A psy would probably say that it’s because I am traumatized by endless rude conversations in French and that I no longer associate speaking on the phone with pleasure.
Now, I have to pass this on to another versatile blogger, so if she’ll accept I’ll send on to Sarah at St Bloggie de Riviere who has been busy blogging about Slim the Vegetarian Ogre and story building software recently and suggests that we make wine and not strikes! Definitely a lot of versatility going on there!